The happy family, post-ceremony
So you've probably guessed that the finished objects I wanted to share were the various parts of this christening set - the gown, bonnet, booties, and matching shawl.
Here are a few close-ups, so you can see it in more detail:
For the dress and bonnet, I used a pattern from the GarnStudio site, but I had to recalculate the numbers a bit to match the DK weight yarn I was using. I aimed for the 6-9 month size, which worked out well given that Max is now 6 months old.
Initially, my plan was to make only this christening shawl, assuming that Dominika would have a family gown that she wanted to use. But then when she asked me to make the dress as well, I made sure to use match yarns to make it a complete set. (The shawl is made from JaegerSpun's Wool-Silk Zephyr lace weight, and the gown is their Zephyr DK weight).
These are the booties, which you can't actually see in any of the photos.
To round out the gift, I found an acid-free textile storage box, with acid-free tissue paper, so the whole set can be stored safely for future use. It was a bit of an extravagant extra, but I figured it was worth it for 5 months of work! :)